[bcbirdclub] Birds @ home

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:23:06 -0400

Took time for a walk about our place this a.m. Turned out to be a good Vireo
morning w/Blue-headed,Red-eyed & White-eyed making appearances. Barred Owl &
Yellow-billed Cuckoo were heard off in the woods. Northern Flicker,Pileated &
Red-bellied Woodpeckers were present as well as Eastern Phoebe & Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher. A male Ruby-throated Hummingbird chased a couple of Carolina
Chickadees through the foliage of a Sweetgum & a little later a female Hummer
chased a male Cardinal into a stand of Pokeberries. Go figure! Several other
birds included; Blue Jays, Crows, M.Doves,Waxwings,Nuthatches,Carolina
Wrens,House Finches,Goldfinches,Catbirds,Bluebirds & Indigo Buntings. Notice
there are no Warblers on the list. Can't say when I've spent an hour birding
our place without a few Warbler species! Almost forgot, one Song Sparrow
represented his species.
DaveR
Breaks