[bcbirdclub] Birding Trip to Hinton on Saturday - Maybe?

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 23:06:00 -0400

Hi Fellow Birders,
As many of you may remember our bird club's annual birding trip to look for
eagles and waterfowl at the Bluestone Dam near Hinton WV is scheduled for this
Saturday, Nov. 6th. As of this evening the weather is not looking good  for the
outing. The forecast for Hinton for Friday night is low in the mid twenties
with a 70 % chance of snow. Saturday high in upper 30's  50% chance of snow.
Bristol is also saying that there is a possibility that Buchanan County will
get an inch or two of snow on Friday night. From Princeton northward to Hinton
the elevation rises, so that area will probably get snow even if we don't. If
the weather is that cold (and probably windy on the lake) it will not be an
enjoyable outing. I am going to watch the weather and make a final decision
about the trip on Thursday. If we do postpone the outing, it will be
rescheduled for Saturday, Nov. 20th.