[bcbirdclub] Birding Compton Mt and Environs

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 14:59:24 -0400

Three members of the BCBC, Don Carrier, Daryl Owens and myself, did some
impromptu birding in the eastern part of the county yesterday. Don had to be in
the area so we used it as an excuse to do some birding. We logged 39 species
for the day which included 2 Fox Sparrows at the back of the Mountain Top Golf
Course. That moved the late date for that species in the county from April 5,
to April 6. We also found Red-breasted Nuthatches, 2 male Yellow-bellied
Sapsuckers and Purple Finches. We did not find the expected Blue-headed Vireo
or Yellow-throated Warbler.

Following is the complete list.
Here is a photo of one of the Fox Sparrows.

39 species

Mallard (domesticated hybrid) 1m

Wild Turkey 2

Turkey Vulture 3