[bcbirdclub] Bird Movement

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:07:03 -0400

Hi All,
I've noticed some bird activity at my stream this week in additon to the
regulars. It may be post nesting dispersal (birds moving away from their
nesting sites to forage for food).
Yesterday and today in and around the yard I saw a female CERULEAN WARBLER, a
female HOODED WARBLER, a NORTHERN PARULA, a YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT, a
BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER, a female BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER, YELLOW-THROATED
VIREO, RED-EYED VIREOS, BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS, CEDAR WAXWINGS, BARN SWALLOWS,
CHIMNEY SWIFTS, YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOOS and a TURKEY VULTURE overhead.

The regulars include EASTERN TOWHEES (both males and females), GRAY CATBIRDS,
BROWN THRASHERS, EASTERN BLUEBIRDS, a BLUE JAY, SONG SPARROWS, CHIPPING
SPARROWS, NORTHERN CARDINALS, GOLDFINCHES, HOUSES FINCHES, RED-BELLIED
WOODPECKERS (both adults and juveniles), DOWNY WOODPECKERS, a female HAIRY
WOODPECKER, AMERICAN ROBINS, CAROLINA CHICKADEES, TUFTED TITMICE, MOURNING
DOVES and now PURPLE MARTINS. Five martins returned to their house today after
being gone for a couple of days.

Fall migration will be here before we know it.