[bcbirdclub] Barred Owl,Wood Ducks,Hairy Woodpecker

  • From: "David & Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:01:23 -0500

Hey Guys
Took a walk in the woods on my friends property here in Breaks & had some good
birds. We sighted a large bird moving through the timber that proved to be a
large-impressive Barred Owl. I don't know what had him on the move at 3:00 in
the afternoon. We also had good looks at a Hairy Wp.,Pileated Wp and some Field
Sparrows near the pond. Laurel Lake in the Breaks Park was home to 5 Wood Ducks
(3 male,2 female). Good to see them return. Now if I could just hear some
Woodcock displaying!! Is anyone on the listserve hearing any? They seem to be
late here in our neck of the woods. Dave R