[bcbirdclub] Aviatlas - New Birding Tool

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:52:18 -0500

Hi All,
Allen Boynton, who works for the Fish and Game Department, just alerted me to
this new site called Aviatlas. It is a program that allows the user to search
for or enter birding hotspots and sightings anywhere in the world. The site
address is

http://www.aviatlas.com/

Even if you don't use it for entering birding spots, it is a great map for
finding a location. It gives quite a bit of local detail. I found Compton Mt on
it and in the Breaks Interstate Park you can even find Laurel Lake. I also
found Middle Fork just outside the park where the curlew was staying (The
curlew hasn't been seen since January 18). That other strange bird, BCBC member
David Raines, also lives on Middle Fork :)