[bcbirdclub] A Very Enjoyable Birding Day

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 23:29:23 -0400

Don Carrier, Daryl Owens and Mike Sanders came up today to see the migrants
passing through our property here on Compton Mt. Even though the peak of
migration is still some days away we managed to log 51 species for the day.
Some of the species counted were Cooper's and Red-shouldered Hawks,
Yellow-billed Cuckoo, 5 woodpecker species, Eastern Wood Pewees and Eastern
Kingbirds. We had 3 vireo species - Yellow-throated, Blue-headed and Red-eyed.
My FOS Swainson's Thrush showed up just after sunrise. We had 9 warbler species
which included Tennessees, Chestnut-sided, Magnolias, Cape Mays, Blackburnian,
Yellow-throated, American Redstart, Worm-eating and Hooded. Sparrow species
included Eastern Towhee, Chipping Sparrow, Field Sparrow and Song Sparrow.
Below is the complete list

51 species

Turkey Vulture 1

Wild Turkey 14