BBspot Update - 7/12/02

  • From: Brian Briggs <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:13:55 -0400

----------------
NEW STUFF

A cool looking trailer even if it stars Matthew McConaughey.
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/07/review_reign_of_fire.html

I'm not sure what you did the last couple of weeks without them.
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/07/horoscopes20020711.html

Comparing and contrasting laziness at work over the years.
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/07/then_and_now.html

---------------
SITE NEWS
-Plenty of posts in the Log after returning from vacation included the
"Drive of Disaster".  (http://bbspot.com/Log/)

-We're in the midst of summer here in the northern hemisphere so it's
probably time you got another t-shirt from
(http://bbspot.com/store/tshirts.html) or if you don't like ours check out
t-shirt hell's selection
(http://www.tshirthell.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=briggsb).

-A few people asked why I didn't have any way to donate to the site.  Well,
I do it's just well hidden.  If you're so inclined you can find it in the
donation FAQ (http://bbspot.com/Legal/donation_faq.html)

-Special thanks to Kozz (who I finally got to met on my trip west) for
keeping the links going while I was gone.

-I got tons of suggestions for the Best PC Game Ever poll.  Not all got
added or added in time to really have a chance.  We'll have to do this
again sometime. Half-Life, X-Com and StarCraft are the top 3.  Check out
this week's poll - Worst Corporate Fraud? (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Maybe this world is another planet's Hell.
- Aldous Huxley
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

A very interesting article on the IT infrastructure of Colombian drug
cartels.  Thanks to http://geekpress.com for pointing the way.
http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/print/0,1643,41206,FF.html

See if you're losing your memory with this Flash game.
http://www.atticgames.net/MemoryMan/index.htm

For people with too much money.
http://www.timetravelfund.com/

For people who want to collect the interest from the time travel fund.
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/article/0,12543,211498,00.html

I really liked this DIY spirograph program.  You can make some really cool
designs.
http://math.ucsd.edu/~dlittle/java/SpiroGraph.html

OR

Use the convenient form on http://bbspot.com