BBspot Update - 3/26/10

  • From: Brian Briggs <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:26:15 -0400

Did somebody say The BBook of Geek?
http://goo.gl/PNgq
NEW STUFF

Features:

Sony adding glowing balls to its complete line of products...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/sony-move-glowing-balls.html

Top 11 things you shouldn't say on first contact with aliens...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/top-11-first-contact.html

A flowchart I've created to help you decide if you should buy an Apple
iPad...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/should-i-buy-an-ipad.html

China says that Google ceasing to exist caused problems in negotiations over
censorship...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/china-says-google-ceases-to-exist.html

Geek Horoscopes brought to you buy board games
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/geek-horoscopes-20100326.html

Comics

The first day...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2010/03/4037.php
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- A message from the future and how I gained some more geek points in this
week's BBlog entries... (http:///www.bbspot.com/Log)

- I've activated the BBspot Fan page on Facebook and would like to
transition people to that rather than my own personal Facebook page. It's
pretty bare right now, but I will begin updating it.  Thanks... (
http://www.facebook.com/pages/BBspot/63143863522)

- Vote in this week's poll: Most dangerous hybrid? (
http://www.bbspot.com/polls/)  Looks like BBspotters prefer Mr. Spock to
Captain Kirk or at least that's how I read the results of last week's
poll... (http://www.bbspot.com/polls/26-March-2010.html)

- Follow me on Twitter... (http://www.twitter.com/briggsb) or follow the
BBspot Feed (http://www.twitter.com/bbspot)  or Google Buzz (
http://buzz.google.com/briggsb) Thanks.

- Thank you for all your generous support so far... (
http://www.bbspot.com/store/subscribe.html)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of
it.
-P. J. O'Rourke
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week. All the links during the week
can be found here: http://www.bbspot.com/archives_links.html

A presentation by Douglas Adams...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZG8HBuDjgc&feature=player_embedded

How to spot a handgun carrying person...
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/23/howto-spot-a-handgun.html

Aliens invade vintage postcards...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/francobrambilla/sets/72157604061918270/

Endearing habits of geeks...
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/03/top-10-endearing-habits/

Another reason to dislike big media companies...
http://techcrunch.com/2010/03/18/youtube-viacom-secretly-uploading-content/

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

OR

If you have problems with any of these methods, please e-mail me at
briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian Briggs
Stay Geeky!
http://www.bbspot.com