BBspot Update - 3/12/10

  • From: Brian Briggs <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:33:47 -0500

NEW STUFF

Features:

Top 11 other Oscars won by Star Trek movies...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/top-11-star-trek-oscars.html

Chicken soup for the geek soul: The Saviors...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/the-saviors.html

Five 3-strikes laws we really need for the Internet...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/3-strikes-laws.html

Bill Gates finds a $1 billion in the back of a closet, probably richest man
again...
http://www.bbspot.com/polls/index.php

BBloopers

You need counseling...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2010/03/4008.php

The choice is yours...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2010/03/4007.php

Comics

Behind door #1...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2010/03/4014.php
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- I've activated the BBspot Fan page on Facebook and would like to
transition people to that rather than my own personal Facebook page. It's
pretty bare right now, but I will begin updating it.  Thanks... (
http://www.facebook.com/pages/BBspot/63143863522)

- Vote in this week's poll: Your favorite zone? (
http://www.bbspot.com/polls/)  No surprise on what upcoming gadget you geeks
are most excited about... (http://www.bbspot.com/polls/12-March-2010.html)

- Follow me on Twitter... (http://www.twitter.com/briggsb) or follow the
BBspot Feed (http://www.twitter.com/bbspot)  or Google Buzz (
http://buzz.google.com/briggsb) Thanks.

- Thank you for all your generous support so far... (
http://www.bbspot.com/store/subscribe.html)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
-Dan Rather
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week. All the links during the week
can be found here: http://www.bbspot.com/archives_links.html

Lessons from Einstein...
http://www.dumblittleman.com/2010/03/10-amazing-lessons-albert-einstein.html

The science behind bomb-proof suits...
http://dvice.com/archives/2010/03/hurt-locker-sui.php

A dated geek test, but good to see how you score...
http://www.innergeek.us/geek-test.html

The trailer for Iron Man 2. If you have seen it yet, then you must watch
it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOzuBOefL8I&feature=player_embedded

Tweets of 140 characters or less brought to life in video form...
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/04/twitter-the-criterio.html

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

OR

If you have problems with any of these methods, please e-mail me at
briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian Briggs
Stay Geeky!
http://www.bbspot.com