BBspot Update - 12/3/04

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:09:37 -0500

Doing some holiday shopping at Amazon?  Help out BBspot in the process by
using this link.  Thanks...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/bbspot-20

NEW STUFF

Trailer Review of Blade Trinity...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/12/review_blade_trinity.html

AMD releases yet another form factor, this time with PCI-Express-to-hell...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/amd_athlon_64.html

Top 11 advertising slogans targeted at geeks...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/top_11_geek_advertising.html

Boy is that Believer mad this week in the BBspot Mailbag...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/mailbag_20041201.html

Now you know where to find the young girls...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2004/11/1137.php

Harry Potter follows an alternative lifestyle...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2004/11/1136.php

US officials stop a river at the border...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/11/border_crossing.html

------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- Happy December everybody.  We've got some nice sponsors that you can get
gifts from and help out BBspot at the same time (that is if you don't want
to buy everyone on your list a BBspot hoody from the BBshop).  Check out the
Holiday Helper page for all your shopping needs
(http://www.bbspot.com/store/holiday.html)

- Everything is $2 off in the BBshop.  Gear up!
(http://www.bbspot.com/store/tshirts.html)

- This week's poll was "Favorite Latin Phrase".  Thanks to everybody who
submitted alternatives. Unfortunately, I couldn't possible have added all
the suggestions.   Check out the winner
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2004/03-December-2004.html)    Vote in next
week's poll: Best Cartoon Role Model (http://www.bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we
don't like?
-Jean Cocteau
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

Bizarre interview questions...
http://www.exp.ie/advice/bizarreinterviews.html

100 geeky things to do before you die...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1361676,00.html

Type in some letters, it'll guess the language...
http://languid.cantbedone.org/

The worst cars...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/773102/posts

Waste some time with Mudcraft...