BBspot Update - 12/17/04

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:12:50 -0500

Doing some holiday shopping at Amazon?  Help out BBspot in the process by
using this link.  Thanks...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/bbspot-20

NEW STUFF

Trailer Review of Flight of the Phoenix...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/12/review_flight_of_the_phoenix.html

Play Adventure Elf...
http://www.bbspot.com/games/adventure_elf/

Quite an active BBspot Mailbag this week...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/mailbag_20041215.html

Top 11 signs it's Christmas in Geekville...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/top_11_geek_christmas_2.html

BBspot interviews alternative music pioneers Camper Van Beethoven...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/11_questions_camper_van_beethoveen.html

The Final Ultimate Complete Matrix collection is released...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/12/final_ultimate_complete_matrix_dvd.html

------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- My Raptor is on its way here.  I wanted to take advantage of the $25
rebate that Newegg had on the drive.  I'll probably be purchasing some more
components after Christmas, unless some major sales crop up.  From reading
other discussion boards and my e-mail, it doesn't look like I'm the only
person waiting for an AMD board with PCI-Express.  With all this pent up
demand, and manufacturers not delivering, it looks like it won't be until
later in January until my system will be complete.  So much for playing
Half-Life 2 over the holiday break.

- I don't know if there will be an Update next week so everyone please have
happy and safe holidays.  Thanks for all the support you've given me and the
site this year, and I'll see you in 2005!

- With only one week left until Christmas, it might be too late to get your
BBspot gear before then, but I'll try my best.  Everything is still $2 off
in the BBshop.  (http://www.bbspot.com/store/tshirts.html) These other guys
will probably be able to help you with Xmas gifts too.  Thanks for
supporting the site. (http://www.bbspot.com/store/holiday.html)

- This week's poll was "Favorite Data Storage Device."   Check out the
winner (http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2004/17-December-2004.html)    Vote in
next week's poll: If I were rich...  (http://www.bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If you want to see what children can do, you must stop giving them things.
-Norman Douglas
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

Logic gates built with Legos...
http://goldfish.ikaruga.co.uk/logic.html

The most accurately rated bands in history...
http://www.spin.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=529

They're often shunned in favor of pirates, but do they really deserve it?
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mhornedhelmet.html

Pictures of the year...
http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p=%22PICTURES%20OF%20THE%20YEAR%202
004%22&ei=UTF-8&fl=0&c=news_photos