BBspot Update - 10/3/08

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:45:49 -0400

That's right folks, you read that correctly. Simply browse from the
extensive (300+) list of magazines that best match your skills and
interests. All of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no
hidden fees, and no obligation. A few titles that may be of interest
would be Oracle Magazine, eWeek, or Enterprise Open Source Journal.
Subscribe Free Today!
http://bbspot.tradepub.com/

Happy October!

NEW STUFF

Features:

Palin financial rescue plan includes selling banks on eBay . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/09/palin-plan.html

Top 11 things geeks would do with $700 billion . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/09/top-11-geek-billions.html

The discussion on the worst book ever and more BBelievers in this
week's Mailbag . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/10/mailbag-20081001.html

Geek Horoscopes brought to you by an overworked tech support guy . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/10/geek-horoscopes-20081003.html

BBloopers:

Wait a minute . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2008/09/3548.php

Family time . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2008/10/3549.php

Comics:

Windows Ubunutu . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2008/09/3551.php

------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- In this week's BBlog I put out a call for help in coming up some
better books than the Eragon trilogy for my nephew . . .
(http://www.bbspot.com/Log/index.html)

- I spent some time this week creating a new Web site Things Palin Can
Name.  If you're not an American political geek then you probably
won't care much for it, but it's just a quick political humor site I
put together. (http://www.thingspalincanname.com)

- If you'd like to learn more about The BBook of Geek, I've set up a
Web site that I've started updating.  It has an RSS feed if you want
to subscribe to the updates there as well:
(http://www.thebbookofgeek.com)

- Follow me on Twitter for my thoughts in 140 characters or less:
(http://www.twitter.com/briggsb) or be my friend on Facebook
(http://www.facebook.com/people/Brian_Briggs/518065852)

-   I'm keeping the movie marathon poll open another week.  Right now
Firefly/Serenity is in the lead, but it's close. Vote on that in this
week's poll: (http://www.bbspot.com/polls/index.php)

------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up.
-Lily Tomlin
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section
(updated M-F) in case you missed them during the week.  All the links
during the week can be found here:
http://www.bbspot.com/archives_links.html

What exactly is a book?
http://www.unshelved.com/archive.aspx?strip=20080928

Take yourself back into 2001 with the Google archives from that year . . .
http://www.google.com/search2001.html

Speaking of taking yourself back, here's a look inside a North Korean
arcade . . .
http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2008/09/inside-north-korean-arcade.html

Jonathan Coulton interviewed . . .
http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/jonathan-coulton-interview.ars

How to safely open those dangerous clamsell hard plastic packages . . .
http://www.wikihow.com/Open-Rigid-Plastic-Clamshell-Packages-Safely

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

OR

If you have problems with any of these methods, please e-mail me at
briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian Briggs
Stay Geeky!
http://www.bbspot.com