BBspot Update - 10/17/08

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:13:17 -0400

Only 18 days until The BBook of Geek is on the shelves.  You can
preorder it at Amazon today, and be one of the first to have it.
http://www.amazon.com/BBook-Geek-Brian-Briggs/dp/0806530022/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209152344&sr=8-3

NEW STUFF

Features:

Top 11 lies geeks tell their parents . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/10/top-11-lies-geeks-tell-their-parents.html

Oh noes, the Large Hadron Collider is out of atoms . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/10/lhc-out-of-atoms.html

Google using all their data to predict the winner of the election . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/10/google-predicts-2008-election-winner.html

Can a movie based on a video game actually be good?  I don't know, but
I'll tell you if a trailer based on a movie based on a video game can
be when I review Max Payne . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/10/review-max-payne.html

BBloopers:

Reaching goals . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2008/10/3564.php

How dumb are you . . .
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2008/10/3565.php

- Follow me on Twitter for my thoughts in 140 characters or less:
(http://www.twitter.com/briggsb) or be my friend on Facebook
(http://www.facebook.com/people/Brian_Briggs/518065852)

- Finally a new poll for you after Firefly/Serenity claimed victory in
the Movie Marathon poll.  This week, it's a cell phone smack down,
Vote on that in this week's poll:
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/index.php)

------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Do you realize if it weren't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight?
-Al Boliska
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section
(updated M-F) in case you missed them during the week.  All the links
during the week can be found here:
http://www.bbspot.com/archives_links.html

Blizzard answers Slashdotters questions...
http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/10/15/1639237&from=rss

How well do you know your viral videos . . .
http://www.collegehumor.com/viral-video-quiz/

Awesome pictures of the sun . . .
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/10/the_sun.html

Some people have really strange hobbies . . .
http://www.ripten.com/2008/10/10/wow-whore-has-36-accounts-raids-by-himself

The Take on Me video from Aha sung literally . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HE9OQ4FnkQ

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

OR

If you have problems with any of these methods, please e-mail me at
briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian Briggs
Stay Geeky!
http://www.bbspot.com