[battlefield] Re: ZenFone2

  • From: Martin Brownell <marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 03:34:26 +0000

Mmmm Cherrios!

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015, 7:51 PM Loren John Bailey <beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yeah, the hard boot is a little tricky. Sorry for pissing in your Cheerios!
On Jun 13, 2015 7:43 PM, "Lee Jacobs" <shooterpunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i got it started again. here i was getting a little excited about maybe
getting a new phone. Thanks John!!

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Lee Jacobs <shooterpunk@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

i plug it in and noting happens. i held the start button down for over
a minute and nothing happens.

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 7:27 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They have a pretty long hard boot. Are you sure it's toast?
On Jun 13, 2015 7:25 PM, "Lee Jacobs" <shooterpunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So my lumia 1020 just pooped and will no longer turn on. If i can't
talk my work into getting me a new phone, does anyone have an att phone
they'd sell?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, but they've between saying that for years. First, they said
they were going GSM, now LTE. We'll see I guess.
On Jun 12, 2015 12:40 PM, "Martin Brownell" <marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Rumor has it that even Verizon is dropping CDMA and moving to
straight LTE.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh. Dayyng.
On Jun 12, 2015 12:05 PM, "James Theunplesant" <neonghost@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

It's got CMDAx or some shit, I think it's att's flavor of wireless.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought it had a CDMA sim slot?
On Jun 12, 2015 11:50 AM, "James Theunplesant" <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it on Verizon, f no....

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Lee Jacobs <
shooterpunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

asus, just saw that haha.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Lee Jacobs <
shooterpunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

which phone is this?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Martin Brownell <
marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's m​y take on the phone.

Look and Feel: 4.5 I love the curved back and it feels great.
The back has a plastic feel in regard to if you tap it with your
fingernail, but it looks great. The glass is high quality.

Button at the top: Its okay and I am getting used to it. It's
a change....

Buttons on the back: Actually the volume rocker on the back
does work fairly well. I don't find I keep hitting it by
mistake, I did
that all the time with my Sony especially when putting it into
the slot on
my motorcycle.

Screen quality: The picture is crisp and clear and colors are
well saturated, but it could be a little brighter, especially
outdoors.

CPU/GPU: It's a beast. This thing is freaking powerful
especially for less than HALF the price of an Iphone or G6?!!

ASUS UI: It's pretty good, there is a fair amount of
bloatware but with 64 Gb of space and a MicroSD slot who cares?
Some of it
is useful like the app that tells you to recover 1.2 Gb of space
by
removing cookies and spam etc.

Dual SIM. I would love it more if it was CDMA as well then I
could use it for my work phone as well. But could be useful to
some.

Speaker: It's a little weak. It's okay but rear facing and
nowwhere near as good as the HTC M8

Audio Processor: I listen to A LOT of music and books. I
listen through my LG Tone750 bluetooth headset most of the time.
The audio
processor in this is MUCH MUCH better than my sony. The sound is
just so
much better. As a musician I can hear things that I couldn't
with my Sony.
I am shocked because I expected my Sony to sound better
considering the
lineage but you can't compare the audio processor on this to
anything, it
beats everything else I have used (Samsung, Apple,Sony) by a
long shot. If
you listen to audio this is a huge plus for me.

Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat.