[battlefield] Re: Upgraded to Windows 8.1

  • From: Martin Brownell <marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 09:30:04 -0600

Don't get me wrong, I liked the UI just needs better video driver
implementation. Also Java seems kinda buggy on it, and there is a lot that
is dependant on Java.
On Aug 15, 2015 9:18 AM, "bl00k" <bl00k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm on call so I'm waiting till next week to upgrade my surface. I didn't
want to deal with problems while on call. But I think I'll still check it
out.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Martin Brownell <marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Yeah... Sigh... after fighting with Win 10 and the video drivers I
upgraded all my PC's including my surface back to Windows 8.1.

Kudos to Microsoft for the rollback process though, it was literally 2
clicks and took 5 minutes. THAT was painless.

Issues I had with Win10 were:

SLI didn't work. Games crashed on my desktop in SLI mode after 20 minutes
usually.

My gaming laptop was getting horrible performance., When playing
minecraft I was getting 45 FPS and it was jittery and would stutter every
few blocks when walking.

On my Microsoft Surface Pro3 sleep mode wouldn't work. Even though all
the settings were to only sleep when hitting the power button, it would
always reboot. Over all my surface pro 3's performance was much slower. The
strange thing was when I first upgraded to Win10 the performance seemed
good but went down fairly rapidly.

It's a shame, I really like Windows 10. Once they get the drivers worked
out I will probably upgrade, I just hope that is within the first year so I
can get it free.

--
[-F69-]bl00k
www.fighting69.com