[STC-Salt Lake] IDRBT Sets-up Technology Demonstration Lab at Hyderabad

  • From: anup.sen@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: banknews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:52:10 +0500 (IST)

From : E-Group, STC, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700106

Dear Member,

Please ?Double Click? the attached file to read it

With regards,

Anup Sen,

Moderator, E-Group,

STC, Salt Lake, Kolkata< B style=\"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal\">

email : stcsaltlake@xxxxxxxx

To view our old mails sent to the members please login into internet & browse

For mails sent in the month of May 2004:

//www.freelists.org/archives/banknews/05-2004/

For mails sent in the month of June 2004:

//www.freelists.org/archives/banknews/06-2004/

For mails sent in the month of July 2004:

//www.freelists.org/archives/banknews/07-2004/

Intra-Net Web-Server of STC Salt Lake, Kolkata:

Using Internet Explorer in ATM PC of your branch, please browse http://10.128.74.200  (our Intranet Web-Site). We have provided several thousand pages of Reading Materials for your benefit. Happy browsing!

Send your feedback about our E-Group and Web-Server to stcsaltlake@xxxxxxxx

We are receiving emails from our members advising that they are not receiving emails from us. In this regard we like to inform our members that there may be two reasons for non receipt of the emails as under:

1. If mails are returned from your mail box (due to hard bounce) as there is no space in the mail box, our system automatically delete your email from the list. To avoid these, please ensure to download regularly the mails sent by us and keep enough space in the mail-box.

2. Some of the e-mail servers (e.g. yahoo.com, sify.com, rediff.com or hotmail.com etc) may treat our mails as \"SPAM\" and delete the mails. Some of them put these mails in the \"Bulk Folder\". If such is the case, please take up the matter with your respective e-mail service provider to sort out the problem.

However, if you do not receive our mails please send mail to us at stcsaltlake@xxxxxxxx

We shall be glad to receive your feedbacks through emails regarding the mails being sent to you through this e-group.

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and kindly arrange to notify stcsaltlake@xxxxxxxx  immediately.

Message was scanned and no virus found

Email From "anup.sen@xxxxxxxxx" was security checked by 3.93 version of CxProtect(tm)
On: sbimailstore at: 21:52:11, 05-Jul-2004 Monday
Engine: 4.110.21, sign.def:5-Jul-2004, sign2.def:5-Jul-2004, macro.def:5-Jul-2004

Detailed Virus Scanning Report is attached as "CxPReport on 05Jul04 at 21-52-11.txt"

Message was scanned and no virus found

Email From "anup.sen@xxxxxxxxx" was security checked by 3.93 version of CxProtect(tm)
On: sify_mta at: 21:59:55, 05-Jul-2004 Monday
Engine: 4.110.21, sign.def:5-Jul-2004, sign2.def:5-Jul-2004, macro.def:5-Jul-2004

Detailed Virus Scanning Report is attached as "CxPReport on 05Jul04 at 21-59-55.txt"

Title: State Bank of India, Staff Training Centre, Kolkata

IDRBT Sets-up Technology Demonstration Lab

The Business Line

Published on July 5, 2004

The Institute of Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), India's first autonomous centre for development and research in banking technology, has set up a technology demonstration lab powered by Cisco Systems at its campus in Hyderabad.

Cisco Systems, a global player in internet networking, has set up the lab to train all IDRBT, RBI and other public sector banking professionals on end-to-end security and wireless solutions, Cisco said in a statement.

IDRBT has already conducted two sessions to train more than 60 RBI personnel on network security and would also be used to train personnel from other banks to familiarise them on deployment of wireless solutions besides implementation of security, the statement said.

Training would focus on network security and Cisco has deployed an end-to-end security solution, which includes Firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection System, Host IDS, VPN Concentrator, and Intelligent security features.