[baisl] eBooks and eAudio experience?

  • From: Riva Pollard <RPollard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 17:01:19 +0000

Hi colleagues,

I'm new to my current position, and doing some significant collection-building
in a very small library space. I'm researching different options to get eBooks
and eAudio into the collection. Does anyone have experience with a certain
audiobook/ebook approach that you LOVE? I'd like to simplify, ideally using one
platform that would cover different publishers and audio in addition to eBooks,
like OverDrive or Axis 360. I'm just not sure about the cost/benefit. What
service/approach are you using, and is it/are they well used? Does anyone have
experience with Brain Hive<http://www.brainhive.com/Pages/Home.aspx>, the
dollar-per-checkout service for eBooks in schools? I can't find any discussion
in the archives but I'm intrigued!

Thank you for your insights! We're a smallish school, about 250 students in
grades 1-8. I'd love to hear anyone's experiences, though!

Riva

Riva Pollard
Librarian
Charles Armstrong School
1405 Solana Dr.
Belmont, CA 94002
650-592-7570 x230
rpollard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Armstrong_color_logo_horizontal_EmailSignature]
Unleashing the Power of the Dyslexic Mind Since 1968.

JPEG image