[baisl] Need Outstanding Author Visit Suggestions

  • From: Debra Cardone <Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 22:40:34 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

We just received a cancellation for Newbery Medal Author Katherine Applegate.
She apparently has a chronic back condition and cancelled last Friday, and our
students were expecting to meet her this week.  Needless to say, I have been
stuffing envelopes all weekend with pre- book order forms and money for
autographed books that I will be returning to parents.

The girls were so excited to meet Ms. Applegate, and I know they will be
disappointed because they have been expecting to meet her for two months.

  Wish me luck in breaking the  sad news,  especially to the younger students

If you have another author that you have used for a visit for grades K-4,
please pass it on...

 Katherine Applegate just published a brand new picture book for younger
children, so I thought she would be able to cover all grade levels.

If you don't have an author for K-4, I will take suggestions for two authors
for K-2 and 3-4,  thank you for any suggestions.

Debra

P.S. Hope you all had a great 3 day weekend

Debra Cardone
Head Librarian
Hamlin School
2120 Broadway Street
San Francisco, CA  94115
415-674-5414

 CONFIDENTIAL: The Hamlin School This email and attachments are sent by The
Hamlin School and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and any
attachments without reading, printing, copying, or forwarding it, and please
notify us. helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx