[baisl] Fwd: #we Need Diverse books -- please help

  • From: Elsa Ouvrard-Prettol <eouvrard-prettol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CALIBK12 <CALIBK12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "calibk12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <calibk12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "calix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <calix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "yalsa-bk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <yalsa-bk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ya-yaac@xxxxxxx" <ya-yaac@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 08:57:31 -0700

Pardon duplication, but this is an important topic.

Please consider signing the petition <http://chn.ge/1PAQwHV> to ask
publishers to share their staffing demographics, in an effort to have them
include more diversity in their staff (who will then have more diverse
books to be published). See email below for more information.

Thank you,

Elsa Ouvrard-Prettol
Natomas Charter School
Sacramento, CA
Library and Media Instructor
Grades 6-12
(916) 928-5353 ext. 1101
eouvrard-prettol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow us online!
Instagram: @NCSLibrarian
Twitter: NCSLibrarian
YouTube channel: ElsaPrettol
American Library Association Member

Author: Books for Educators; and parents http://www.mcelmeel.com/writing

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids IA 52411-9548

phone: 319-393-2562
FAX: 319-393-4749
sharron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mcelmeel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind.
Always." -- Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher

by adding LM_NET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to your e-mail address book.
To change your LM_NET status, send a message to: listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(not to lm_net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
In the body of the message write the command that is appropriate to your
request:
1) SIGNOFF LM_NET (this will remove you from the list)
2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL (this will suspend mail delivery, but will not
remove you from the list)
3) SET LM_NET MAIL (this will resume mail delivery)
4) SET LM_NET DIGEST (this will group individual posts into several
daily messages)

* To contact an LM_NET Moderator: LM_NET-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://www.lm-net.info/join.html
* LM_NET Commercial Friends: http://www.lm-net.info/