[baisl] China learning opportunity

  • From: "Debbie Abilock" <dabilock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:01:05 -0800

http://orias.berkeley.edu/updates/chinatrippacket2015.pdf

2015 Summer Institute on China Announced
Applications are due by February 15, 2015.

The Institute of East Asian Studies, UCLA Confucius Institute, San Mateo
County Office of Education and Shanghai Jiao Tong University are pleased to
announce the 2015 Summer Institute on China.  New for this year is our
partnership with the Getty Conservation Institute (GCI).  With pre-travel
sessions being hosted by the UCLA Confucius Institute and the GCI, the
program will begin in Los Angeles before leaving for China.  The theme
"Cultural Crossroads" will focus on Dunhuang and the Mogao Caves, located
along the Silk Road, as well as examine other evidence of cross cultural
activity found in Shanghai, Xi'an and Beijing.

This trip is open to teachers from middle schools and high schools
throughout California.  We encourage participants from all subject areas.

best,

debbie

Debbie Abilock

NoodleTools/NoodleTeach

Smart tools, smart research, smart teaching

"The true test of intelligence is not how much we know how to do, but how we
behave when we don't know what to do." --John Holt, How Children Fail (1968,
p. 271)