[baisl] Re: BAISL: JStor Daily online Magazine -- FREE

  • From: Lori Deibel <Lori_Deibel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:17:13 -0700

Carolyn,

Thanks so much for this! We already use JSTOR in our library, and I'm excited
to share this link with my school.

Lori Deibel, Librarian
The Branson School
(415) 455-7133

From: Carolyn Karis <carolynkaris@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:carolynkaris@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:50:53 -0700
To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [baisl] BAISL: JStor Daily online Magazine -- FREE

Hi all

I recently learned that JStor (the digital library of academic journals, books,
and primary sources)  is offering a free online magazine with easy access to
recent  high level articles.  The home page http://daily.jstor.org/ provides
tabs for articles about Arts & Culture, Business & Economic, Politics &
History, Science & Environment, Education & Tech.

There is also a search feature-- with the search, I found an article about
Ebola, an article about infection control 600 years before CDC (searched
Medieval), medieval music and Christopher Hogwood). Searching continents, I was
intrigued by the article titled "What if the world was flat and Columbus had
fallen off the edge of the earth?". Also found some interesting things about
learning from maps and visual images.  The magazine is fun to explore. Biweekly
"subscription" available.

Carolyn Karis