Badges - (no subject)

  • From: CarlGlas@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 15:47:32 -0500

Effective September 1st, 2011, VERTEX Helicopters will begin performing Helicopter Hog Hunting (Aerial Feral Hog Eradication) as a "Landowner Agent" and as such, we will be selling the Gunner Seat for Helicopter Hog Hunts.

What does this mean for you, the private hunter?

This means that as a private hunter, you are now allowed by the State of Texas to shoot feral hogs from a helicopter. Since we are a full-service helicopter company, we are offering this service to Private Hunters from all over the United States. We currently have over 150,000 acres of land in some of the most feral-hog damaged locations all around Texas where we are under contract as a Primary Agent to perform Aerial Hog Depredation for the Landowners. We are also currently in negotiations as Primary Agent for an additional 550,000 acres from all over the State of Texas.

In order for you, as a private hunter, to be able to shoot from our helicopters, you must complete the following:

1.) Attend the VERTEX Helicopters Helicopter Hunting Safety Course. (See link below) This course costs $350 per person and is held every 2 weeks at our training facility at Hobby Airport in Houston, TX. This is MANDATORY. No class, no shooting. No exceptions.

2.) Pass a background check /TPWD check (You are getting into a US registered aircraft with a semi-automatic rifle. This means you can not have a felony conviction, and in order for us to verify this, you MUST go through the proper screening). If you perform this action with another helicopter company and they DON'T require a background check, you may be breaking a Federal Law.

3.) Purchase a Texas Hunting License (Hog hunting from the ground does NOT require a hunting license. Hunting for the AIR does.)

4.) Sign a release and indemnification statement for both the landowner and our company protecting both the landowner AND our company in the event that YOU, the Hunter, accidentally shoot a house, person, structure, livestock, or other object/lifeform, etc.. Yes...YOU, the person pulling the trigger, are the LIABLE party. This is no different than hunting from the ground. If you shoot a hole through our rotor system and/or damage our aircraft, You just bought it.

5.) Hourly rate for Helicopter Hog Hunting is $475 per flight hour, and you must pay in advance with a 3-hour minimum. All bookings require advance payment. Most people are booking 5 hour blocks. If you book 10 hours we will drop the hourly rate to $425. Depending on the geographical area, we may require a surcharge for fuel on top of the normal rates. These rates cover fuel, aircraft, pilot, and the added insurance requirements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGC1tjHCSVE

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997