Badges - Re: Hard Rock Burger-Badge-Bash

  • From: Charles Rahn <c.t.rahn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Badges <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:07:12 -0400

I have a claim to fame when it comes to Hard Rock in Orlando.
I was the officer in charge of all security for the grand opening of Universal
Studios and Hard Rock Cafe back in 1990. I hired all off-duty officers to work
with me with the EP of 58 movie stars. I assigned myself to one "Rambo"
Stallone. Around dinner time on the first day of the grand opening, I asked
Stallone, his girl friend (now wife), and another couple, where they wanted to
go for dinner. Stallone said Hard Rock. So, I radioed ahead and told the
officer in Hard Rock to let the manager on duty know that we were headed their
way. They cleared out the entire second floor just for us. I asked the manager
to bring Robert Earl (owner of Hard Rock) up for an introduction. I made the
intro, they formed a business relationship and started Planet Hollywood along
with Arnold, Bruce Willits and a few others. As for me, I have my photo with
Stallone and that's it, my claim to fame.
Gator