[badgerstatevolunteers] Sometimes Democrats Do Good

  • From: kevin Joyner <joynerkev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badger-state-volunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 12:24:50 -0500

House Democrats Urge President to End Stonewalling on "Gunrunner"     Friday,
June 03, 2011

Today, 31 U.S. House members -- all Democrats -- wrote to President Barack
Obama, urging him to end Administration stonewalling on the Bureau of
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' "Project Gunrunner," and the
"Fast and Furious" program under which border state dealers were encouraged
to sell thousands of guns to suspicious buyers.

In the letter, spearheaded by Rep. Jason Altmire, D-Pa., the lawmakers
called the investigative tactics "extremely troubling" and found the Justice
Department's failure to provide information to congressional investigators
"equally troubling."  Saying that Americans deserve "prompt and complete
answers," the letter concluded with a call for the administration to help
"get to the bottom of this serious allegation of federal law enforcement
misconduct."

To read the letter, click here [link to
http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/ProjectGunrunnerLettertoPOTUS3June2011.pdf]
—and if your representative signed it, please be sure to thank him for
taking this stand for strong congressional oversight of this disastrous
program.

Kevin J
====================
“Far Better it is to Dare Mighty Things than to take rank with those poor,
timid spirits Who know Neither Victory nor Defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat,
nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a
sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I
am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep
with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep
and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let
them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure
is not my destiny.