Backyard-astro.com Newsletter: Update December 2007

  • From: MH <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: backyard-astro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:06:59 +0100

Hi all,

It has been quite a while, but I have been very busy the last few months. I
took up sketching again, after reading a wonderful book about it,
Astronomical Sketching (published in the Patrick Moore's Practical Astronomy Series). My first results (Mars, M103 and Comet Holmes) can be found in my
blog:

http://www.backyard-astro.com/blog

I can higly recommend this book, if you are interested in sketching the Sun, Moon, planets, deepsky, comets etc. I make my sketching outdoors with a lead pencil on white paper, The next day I make a new sketch indoors, using black
paper and pastel pencils (very soft material).

In the next few weeks, if the weathers OK, I hope to make a few more
sketches of deepsky objects.  I also have some other observing reports
ready, which I will publish in the next few weeks. So keep looking in every
now and again.

I wish you all a merry Christmas and a healthy New Year, with lots of clear
skies!

 Math

p.s. for John Huntsberger only:

John,

I lost your e-mail adres. Could you sent it to me again please?

OR by logging into the Web interface.

- Online, searchable archives of the Backyard-astro.com Newsletter are
available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/backyard-astro  Each list's archive is
automatically updated as new messages come in.