[b1-tennis] Re: NVITC 2014

  • From: E MEADE <emmameade571720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 13:25:04 +0100

Hi N.

Thank you for such a detailed report of last Saturday's tournament.
Congratulations on getting second place and thank you for bringing your trophy
to show us yesterday.

Thank you too for your efforts to get B1's added to the email group.  I was
wondering if Marion Mansfield would like to join us?  I am not sure if I have
got the email with the instructions how to subscribe, if I find it I could send
it.  If you would like to ask her yourself, that is OK too.

Her email address is

 marionmansfield1@xxxxxxxxx

See you next week.

Emma

>________________________________

 afterwards that she had gone quite red, and
>looked like she was about to be sick!  So, a fantastic performance from
>her, and a well-deserved gold.
>
>The 3rd place play-off was between Lara Green and Dawn Fradgley, who's from
>the Isle of Wight and is completely new to tennis.  Dawn was serving
>amazingly consistently when I saw her in my semi-final against her (I only
>won that tie-break 13-11!), and she went on to take 3rd place.
>
>The singles happened on the Saturday, while the B1/sighted doubles was on
>the Sunday, and used a different format: 3 single-tie-break sets, the first
>two of which were sudden death if they reached 6-6.  In addition, it was
>done in three separate groups - a main draw consisting of 2 3-pair groups,
>with the winner of each round-robin playing each other in the final; and a
>plate competition with a round-robin of 4 pairs.
>
>Once again, I came up against Kelly in the final:
 she was partnered with
>Andy Crockett, and I with Jill King.  Kelly and Andy won that one
>comfortably, in straight sets (on sudden death in the first, and by a
>single mini-break in the second).
>
>So, that's the bare bones of it.  There will be plenty of issues to discuss
>following this tournament, both positive and negative, but it would
>probably be best to wait until a few of the players from the tournament
>have joined the list.
>
>On that note, while I didn't attempt to give out detailed instructions for
>joining this list during the weekend (with most people not having
>note-takers etc. with them...), I did make a note of which club the players
>were from, and made sure I had a way to get information to them afterwards.
>I managed to cover all bar 2 in that way, or by exchanging contact details;
>but Hugh Stirling (of the Tennis Foundation) is happy to pass on
>information for us, so there will be no
 problem getting the details to all