[AZ-Observing] Re: observing last night?

  • From: "Tom Polakis" <polakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Reply-To:az-observing"@freelists.org
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 07:28:23 -0700

Steve wrote:

...mediocre at a 5, I would give the seeing a 6, because we pretty easily
split Theta Aurigae, a fairly close and quite differing magnitude binary
star.  Evidently Tom uses it as a test of the night...

---

Actually, Theta Aurigae is a pretty wide double that is easily split on a
night of soft seeing.  I am only interested in it because the two
components have a large magnitude difference. It provides a good
demonstration that magnitude difference is not as large a factor as it is
sometimes thought to be and making doubles difficult to split.

Tom