[AZ-Observing] near double moonrise

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 14:45:56 -0700

Fellow Stargazers:  I almost caught a "double moonrise"  back in March.
Because it was only "almost," there wasn't a high priority on processing the
images, but I just posted the animation showing how close it was.  There's this
mountain just east of my home in New River, and depending on the ascending path
of the Sun or Moon, it would be possible for either body to rise twice along
the mountain's north slope.  Like I said, I just missed it this time, but
sooner or later I'll get one.
If you're interested in seeing this near miss, go to:
www.dfacaz.org/astrophotos/Moonrise-Heim.html

Maybe I'll see some of you tonight up in Dewey at Blue Hills Observatory.

Dan Heim