[AZ-Observing] hurricanes and telescopes

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 02:30:56 -0700

Well;

I was born in Pensacola, Fla. and it is getting its share of un-wanted
publicity this week as Hurricane Ivan blows on shore.  I am certain that
many of the beaches that I lived and worked on in my youth have a very
different shape than they did many years ago.

And, we will be affected by a hurricane this weekend as well.  There is
another cyclonic storm off Mexico that at some point will be pumping
clouds into Arizona.  So, maybe keeping the trips short is a good idea.
I will plan for a trip to Cherry Road for Saturday night and look
forward to meeting some of the usual group of observers at that spot.

See ya then;
Steve Coe