[AZ-Observing] eclipse day 29mar2006 side turkey

  • From: nishimotog@xxxxxxx
  • To: ahernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxx, BAR3583@xxxxxxx, az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, biddy1976@xxxxxxxxx, BRDAVISAA@xxxxxxx, jkcook@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:48:15 -0500

greetings from side turkey. a little chilly on awakening but the peaks in the
distance are covered with snow. the mountain peaks remind me of the california
valley with a lots of agriculture in the valleys. the tomatoes at breakfast are
sweet esp with the salty turkish olives.

last nite, turkish friends arrived at out hotel and we all had a great reunion.
haven't seen them since 2004 venus transit. since the head of the group knows
the hotel management we are going to set up observing on the rooftop terrace of
the hotel (no crowds). side centrum has many ancient sites from
greco-roman-hellenistic  period and amphitheater but it is agog with a
kazillion tourists. rumored that cleopatra carried on in side. nasa has some
kind of set up in the ancient amphitheater and giving away free viewing glasses
but am staying away for now. the tourist area of side is shop after shop of you
name it catering mostly to germans. trust me, no one sucks up to americans
anymore and our dollar doesn't buy as much-h?nt!

anyhow, glad it ?? all working well so far and i am indeed grateful that i can
be here for this event.

i love my life!

later    glenn