[AZ-Observing] Re: apolitical forum....

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:19:35 -0800

I think a general statement by the list moderator without mentioning
Dwight, or a private message to him, would have been the best way to
handle this rather than a third public rebuke. I think in normal
circumstances the latter would be okay but these are not normal times.
Bush has immensely divided the country by killing tens of thousands in
an unprovoked attack and occupation of a country that was not an
imminent threat. This is an intense emotional issue and is extremely
upsetting to many. Because it is I think we need to give some slack (as
Jack sometimes says) to those who may get carried away with an emotional
slip now and then of their anti-republicanism. Dwight has never been a
problem (that I know of) on this list and I think just some slack and
time would have resolved the problem.
Stan