[AZ-Observing] Re: Young Moon Sighting

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 00:04:57 -0700

Andrew;

Good job, I have seen a dozen or so moons less than 24 hours old, usually
because either Pierre or Joe Orman told me to look for them, I have rarely
sought them out.  Of course, the real reason is that there is very little
else to do during that time of twilight, so looking for a thin moon is
something to do while waiting for it to get dark.  AND, they are pretty
neat.  I think my personal record is something like 16 hours old from
Sentinel, about 10 years ago.

Glad to hear that you had fun;
Steve Coe