[AZ-Observing] Venus Atmosphere

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:46:53 -0700

There has been a great deal o discussion the last couple of days on
whether or not an atmosphere of Venus could be seen during the
transit on 8 June 2004.

I did some processing on one of my images and have tried to enhance
what I believe is the atmosphere of Venus.

Please check
http://www.hposoft.com/Astro/Venus%20Transit/Transit%20Images/VenusAtmosphere.JPG

Note:
What I am amazed at is how right-between-the-eyes the effect was on
the computer monitor. There was most obvious a simmering clear or
near-clear ring around Venus.

I'm surprised there has been little professional information about
this and I recall no mention of it in an pre-transit documentation.

Jeff
--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT