[AZ-Observing] Unsubsribe

  • From: "Butch David" <jdavid17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EpsilonAurigae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:52:50 -0700

UNSUBSCRIBE

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stan Gorodenski
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:30 AM
To: EpsilonAurigae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jeff; RSpec_Real_Time_Spectroscopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
astronomical_spectroscopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; SW-Astrophysics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
spectro-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; AZ-Observing
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: [EpsilonAurigae] Re: AZ Cas Spectrometry Web
site

Hi Jeff,
I don't know anything about the astrosurf data section, but your criticism
of it appears to be following a certain pattern compared to your bashing and
critcism of VSPEC. Then you said VSPEC was difficult to learn and use and
promoted RSPEC to replace it. At SAS I observed you showing someone else how
to use RSPEC. My observation was that it is more cumbersome to use. VSPEC is
slicker and more powerful. Now we have the same sort of thing regarding
astrosurf. You make a crticism and then proceed to promote your own product.
Maybe I am wrong about astrosurf.
Could you elaborate on the problems with it? It is hard for me to believe
your accusation since Dr. Galan made a call for papers in astrosurf.
Stan

On 7/19/2012 10:16 AM, Jeff wrote:
> If observers wish to be part of the AZ Cas Campaign, I suggest they use
the Campaign web site. The main web will have a Spectroscopy section set up
in about two weeks.

> There are serious problems with data on the
.astrosurf.com/aras/surveys/azcas/index.htm site.

> Jeff
> Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
> (187283)
> Counting Photons
> Phoenix, Arizona USA
> www.hposoft.com/Astro/astro.html
> http://www.hposoft.com/SB/SpectroBook.html
> 2012 ASP Amateur Achievement Award
>
> On Jul 19, 2012, at 10:08 AM, Robin Leadbeater wrote:
>

>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> There is already a website running  for the collection of spectroscopic
data for this campaign.
>> http://www.astrosurf.com/aras/surveys/azcas/index.htm
>> To maximise scientific value, submitted spectra should be reduced to a
recognised standard and in fits format with the relevant header information
completed. For example the established format used in the Pro-Am BeSS
database can be used as a guide.
>> http://basebe.obspm.fr/basebe/Spec_spectres_BeSS_en.pdf
>>
>> Robin

Campaign spectroscopy web site has been developed to provide information on
and archive  Campaign spectroscopic data. If you wish to contribute, please
join the Campaign and in addition send the required information and data as
described on the web site to phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx All contributors will be
acknowledged in any papers or presentations using their data. Constructive
comments are welcomed.