[AZ-Observing] Re: Two Images of C/2013 US10 (Catalina)

  • From: "William Shaheen" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "wjshaheen" for DMARC)
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 15:14:55 -0500

Nice capture, Tom.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
To: AZ-Observing <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Dec 5, 2015 11:31 am
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Two Images of C/2013 US10 (Catalina)

I imaged this bright comet just before dawn on Thursday and earlier today. The
ion tail to the right shows significant changes.

The field of view is only about a half degree across. Since all of this detail
is so close to the nucleus, I wouldn't expect this comet to be very interesting
in binoculars or even small telescopes. It would certainly be worth a look at
a dark site with a larger scope.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/image/162020884/original

Tom