[AZ-Observing] Tuzigoot Star Party

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 14:38:03 -0700

For those who may want to cool off from the heat of Phoenix. Tuzigoot is
located in Clarkdale, AZ near Cottonwood.

Saturday, June 4th is the 3rd Annual Tuzigoot Star Party. There is also a grand
re-opening of the sites newly remodeled museum on June 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Again
 this year Wolfs Robe will be there soothing us as we look thru the
telescopes with his Native American Flute Music. The Ruins will be also
illuminated with red and orange lights. A tent will be set up "on top"
again by the Museum and I will have the astro slide show going.

Set
 up time is between 6PM and 7PM. Please arrive by 6PM or you may have to
 wait a bit for someone to open the gate. The gates will close to the
public at 6PM while the Rangers prepare the site for the star party.
(Red rope lights and such)

If you have a telescope and are going to leave before
 the end of the program at 10:30PM it will be necessary to unload the
equipment at the viewing area and park below in the lower parking area.
They want to avoid any moving vehicles in the viewing area during the
star party. Safety and headlight stuff. For those there for the
duration, you will be able to park in the upper parking next to your
scope.

Turnout has been as high as 300, but we are expecting about 150-200 this year.

See this link for more info about Tuzigoot and the Star Party.

http://www.nps.gov/tuzi/parknews/tuzigoot-astronomy-talk-and-star-party.htm

For further information call me @ 602 672 2032.

JD Maddy
President, Astronomers of Verde Valley