[AZ-Observing] Time for a new Scope

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:30:49 -0700

After Sentinel this last weekend I have come to the conclusion that a little
more aperture is in order (I think it's some sort of viral infection call
"something" fever) I thought at first a CGE1100 would be nice, though
another 6 months of scrimping and saving would be in order to get there (and
the group might agree it worth it). I wanted a "Goto" GEM mount so I could
"unlock" the drives and by mounting a Telrad be able to "star hop" it if I
cared to or the batteries are dead. The cg-5 1100 is within reach now and
appears to fill the bill BUT Then I saw some really nice CPC's at Sentinel!
They appear to do everything I'm looking to do but would like to hear the
groups PRO's and CON's that they have experienced with the CPC's or the big
GEM mounted Celestron's. If you care to reply off line I'm at
jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx

Thank you,

Jimmy Ray