[AZ-Observing] Thunderbird Starwatch

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing" <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 22:02:42 -0700

All,

I just want to thank all who participated in last nights Thunderbird
Starwatch. As usual, there was a large turnout of interest folks looking to
learn a bit about astronomy. I didn't get a count myself but was told we had
at least 25 telescopes set up. A special thank to Jack Jones for working
with the city of Glendale to arrange for a porta potty at the field and the
shuttle bus from the parking lot. Several folks commented that the
arrangement worked well.

The event was another success, as we had folks coming throughout the night
until we were told at 0945 by the park rangers that we needed to start
packing up. I think we could have gone later than that.

I know some of you were taking pictures, I didn't get a chance, so please
send some along to me, so I can get them into the newsletter.

Thanks again for a great night.

Rick Tejera
President
Editor SACnews