[AZ-Observing] Re: T.F.'s Observing Report and a short Comet 168P video now up on YouTube

  • From: "Doug Snyder" <starhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haclist" <haclist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:36:35 -0700

Thanks Ted for the posted report on viewing the comet in Pegasus a night or
so ago, and for the galaxy observations that you also posted on the
HAC-list.  Keep going on those A.L. Observing programs and hopefully we'll
be seeing the weather really providing those crystal clear nights for
unabated viewing.

You spurred me on to train my 14" SCT into Pegasus earlier tonight, or last
night (10/09), depending on when you see this email, and catch up with Comet
168P (Hergenrother) and I made a short video of it using a WATEC camera, an
on-screen-display (GPS info) and onto a mini-DVD.  The original format I
converted to WMV to lessen the demanding Canon video size.  I uploaded the
original eight-minute video onto YouTube as the haclist will only accept
single-images and not video's.  But on the description accompanying the
video, there is some narrative about the time and place of the video. I may
not have perhaps included all of the information that folks would like to
see, but I probably have it written down somewhere.
The video, which youtube kind of  'cut-up' with their processing, and which
is about five minutes long, can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG2ycL6P8hc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks & Clear Skies,
Doug Snyder