[AZ-Observing] Re: [TAAA_Forum] Observing Perseids

  • From: Rik Hill <rhill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:31:47 -0700

Dolores and I observed from the backyard at our house off Houghton Rd.
The skies are decidedly worse than when we moved in 20 years ago.We went
out after midnight. We saw a few good ones and some lesser ones plus a
couple sporadics. The best one was below Polaris. The highlight was
seeing some bright point meteors at the radiant. I photographed those
during the Leonids but never visually saw one.

I used my DSLR to image for about 3 hours. I went through the images
today and caught nothing impressive (above 3rd mag). The fish-eye lens I
ordered for this shower came today....the preverbial "day late, dollar
short"!

-Rik