[AZ-Observing] Re: [TAAA_Forum] A Messier Marathon!!!

  • From: Mae <ssmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:36:13 -0700

Yes, Messier Marathon was great!

We managed to continue one of the Tucson groups that parks together - it
is getting to be quite a tradition. So, we had Andy and Carter battling
and making comments about this beautiful one and about that other.....
Tom was a great addition to our group.

Nic DeMesa and Sierra had their scopes up and were hard at it until
Sierra got too sleepy. We kept waiting but to out relief there was no
chemical smell from Nick's area like the year he burnt out his go-to at
the Marathon.

In spite of sleepiness, I think Sierra made her last year's number of
objects. Sierra's friend, (was her name Julia.. I'm not sure that's quite
right) had her own scope and was persistent - we ought to see if she'd
like to be involved
in TAAA.

And, then there was our honorary member, Hazel - we allow her to be a
Tucson person during the Messier - since she's such a nice addition to
our little group. We always enjoy her so much.

Mae