[AZ-Observing] Sunspot number "0"

  • From: "Fran McHugh" <mcqz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:00:43 -0700

Just a noob question about today's sunspot number.
Both Boulder an Belgium report today's as "0".
Is this a common occurrence?  I was under the impression
That there was always sunspot activity.

BTW, thanks again for the warm welcome at Cherry road
last month.  I had a great time and am encouraged.  I've
contacted the Coconino group and am planning on joining
in on their activities.  I'll also be making a presentation
to the local 5th grade classes (about 90 kids) in November,
so I'll welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,
Fran
Winslow, AZ