[AZ-Observing] Re: Status of Cherry Road Site

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:13:03 -0700

> I decided to go to the Cherry Road site on Saturday, and as I pull up to
> thesight, a National Forest Service sign is in the middle of the road
> statingthat the area is closed for re-vegetation purposes!  I continued
down
> the dirt road, and all side roads have the same sign.  So it looks like
that
> sight is gone at least for now.

Hey All,

Chuck Akers, Paul Lind, and myself braved it at Cherry.  (We were wondering
where Ken Reeves was...)  Ken, where was the "revegatation" sign?  I don't
recall seeing it.  The only sign we saw was smack in the middle of the
entrance to the gate where the site actually is.  (right by the "ditch")
And even that sign only said "road closed to motorized vehicles".  No
mention of fines, or any particular project.

Perhaps we just got lucky and avoided being fined, I'll see about calling
the Forest Service about it soon.

FWIW, Cherry was about mostly 6 for seeing, 7 at times, and a 7 for
transparency, which went down a bit around 11pm.

Thad