[AZ-Observing] State Parks - Astronomy Usage

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 09:12:53 -0700

I think that I remember correctly, and that there are at least a couple of
groups here on az-observing, who either individually, or via their clubs
associations, use State Parks for astronomy events. I have noticed on the
"Cloudy Nights" forumns... in the Astronomy Clubs and Star Parties sub
forum,
http://www.cloudynights.com/forum/94-astronomy-clubs-and-star-parties/

discussion regarding Cherry Springs (PA). I did not realize earlier that
the location was PA. Anyway, they are announcing some "new" rules. I
decided to read and see what was going on. A very interesting discovery
(their web site).

Cherry Springs (PA) is actually a state park (I think). And it promotes dark
skies, and astronomy. Can you believe an entire state park with a "white
light" rule ??
A very interesting read. You can find it here... and be sure to check out
the entire web site. Kind of interesting...

http://www.csspdarkskyfund.org/home/announcements_and_notices

David M. Douglass
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (secondary)
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (main)