[AZ-Observing] Star Party Centennial Middle School, Ahwatukee

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 23:53:59 -0700

Hi Everyone,
  I attended Jon's event last year and it was great fun!  I plan to bring the
20" this year and hope you can join us, too!

  Tuesday, January 10, 2012.  4:45-5:15 pizza and soda served the volunteers.
Star party gets under way at 5:30-8:00.  Centennial Middle School is at
basically 36th St and Ray Rd.  Take I-10 to Ray.  Head west to Rancho Circle.
North to 36th St.  The school is right there.  Turn in by the tennis courts
following alley back to the track/football field.  Jon's expecting 300-350
people, with events inside the gym and us outside.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com

From: jhutman@xxxxxxxxxx

To: fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: RE: Star Party

Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 04:51:55 +0000

Hi Steve,

Happy New Year!  I wish that 2012 is treating you well and that you had a great
holiday.  I am hoping that you are still available to attend this year?s Family
 Space Night event at Centennial Middle School.  I have attached a rough copy
of the schedule for next Tuesday?s event.  We are anticipating 300+ people to
attend and we could really use your help.   I also wanted to let you know that
pizza and drinks will
 be served from 4:45-5:15.  Feel free to set up on the track and then have some
food and check out all of the activities that are taking place in the gym.
Also, I have not heard from any other SAC members and I was wondering if you
could help me spread the
 word around that we could use their help.   Feel free to give me a call (937)
684-3129 if you have any questions.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,

Jon Hutman
Centennial Middle School
13808 S. 36th St.

Phoenix, AZ 85044

From: jhutman@xxxxxxxxxx

To: fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Star Party

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:23:10 +0000

Hi Steve,

I am planning Family Space Night at my school this year and I am hoping that
you would be available to help show students and families the night sky.  Last
year was a huge
 success and I am expecting even more guests this year.  The date of the event
is 1/10/12 from 5:30-8:00.  Please let me know if you are interested in
attending the event and what materials I can provide.  I have email the SAC?s
president, but because you have
 attended in this event in the past I wanted to make sure you were personally
invited.

Thank you,

Jon Hutman
Centennial Middle School