[AZ-Observing] Re: Solar Flare

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:43:39 -0500

JD,

Thanks for the alert.  More entertaining than the Cardinals game, which is hard
to imagine, I know.

One thing about these large prominences is that they develop very quickly, and
they're gone in an hour or two.  The prominence is faint, and well detached
from the limb.  I caught this at 1:19 p.m.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1954/video0001121118131847.jpg

Tom