[AZ-Observing] Solar Day at the Flandrau Science Center

  • From: "Shaun Dixon" <shauninorbit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:31:08 -0700

Howdy all, just thought I would pass along some information about an
upcoming event in Tucson. The Flandrau Science Center will be having a
"Solar Day at Flandrau" on Friday December 6th. They will be offering
free views of the Sun featuring eruptions and gas and sunspots from
1pm-5pm. For more information you can view their site at:
http://www.flandrau.org/astronomy/news.htm

They also have a Special Class coming up (not free of charge) on How to
Buy a Telescope. Its geared towards the absolute beginner, and I'm sure
we all know some. Might be a nice way for parents to be more comfortable
with making a choice for what kind of scope to get their young ones, if
they are leaning towards that for a gift. According to the above link,
it's a 90 min class and is $5.

You can also reach them at [520] 621-7827 for more information.

Shaun Dixon - Tucson

arizonaastronomy.com <http://www.arizonaastronomy.com/>