[AZ-Observing] Re: So you're saying there's a chance...

  • From: Mike Wiles <mikewilesaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 07:35:24 -0700

Those of us that were fortunate enough to grow up in much cooler climates -
like New England and Kansas - remember fondly those lovely winter observing
sessions.  This will be just like that, except it'll be nothing like that.
One of the great truisms in life - you can't say "You missed out" if you
weren't actually there.  And with the growing number of public denouncements
of this admittedly hare-brained idea, I'm ever more excited that it's going
to be an awesome night.  In fact, I'm going to predict right here and now -
it'll be at least a 7.  Besides, after getting rained on every day by going
where it's "cooler" with our President and his Dad, I'm a little photon
starved.
Hope to see some of you other lunatics out there with us.

Mike