[AZ-Observing] Re: Sky Quality Meter

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:55:55 -0700 (MST)

     I'll admit to being interested in these devices.  Besides the Web page,
the only additional factoid I know is through the TASS mailing-list page
(http://stupendous.rit.edu/tass/status/status.html), where Doug Welch,
one of the designers, noted that the acceptance-angle of the detector
is a whopping 40 deg radius.  So it takes in a huge amount of real estate
on the sky.  Seems like half that radius (say roughly the size of the
ordinary 22-deg halo) would be more useful.

\Brian